This policy sets out the basis on which we will process any personal data that we collect from you or that you provide us with. For the purpose of the EU General Data Protection Regulation 2016/679 (GDPR), the data controller is Asteroid Daily (Pitch Black Graphic Design The Hague – Jan Ciecierski and Joachim Ciecierski) Noordeinde 18a,2514GH The Hague, The Netherlands.
This website may include links to websites, plug-ins and applications from third parties. Clicking on or enabling those links may allow third parties to collect or share information about you. These third-party sites are not controlled by us and we are not responsible for their privacy statements. We encourage you to read the privacy notices of every website you visit when you leave our website.
DATA WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU
Personal data, or personal data, means any person-related information from which that person can be identified. It does not include information where the identity was deleted (anonymous data).
We may gather, use, store and transfer various types of personal data:
- Information you give us – You may give us information about you by filling out forms on the Website or by corresponding with us by email or phone. This includes information that you provide when you register to use the website, place an order on our website, and report a website issue. The information you give us may include your name, billing address, delivery address, email address, phone number, username, password and other registration information, as well as the recipient’s name and address.
- We collect information about you and your device. We may automatically collect the following information each time you visit the website:
- technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform;
- information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our Website (including date and time); products you viewed, purchased or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page.
- We collect information about you through advertising. We may place ads on third party websites (such as YouTube or Instagram). We and our partners may use different technologies (such as cookies) to collect and store information about you, including cookie data & anonymized IDs for attribution & advertising purposes, when you view or otherwise interact with our advertisements. To help us understand more about our clients and the effectiveness of our adverts, we use these technologies.
- Location Information – We may also collect information on your location such as the IP address of the device from which you access our website.
- Marketing and Communications Data includes your preferences in receiving marketing from us and your communication preferences (newsletter).
- Your financial information is not collected by us. This is collected by third party payment processors and stored by them.
IF YOU FAIL TO PROVIDE PERSONAL DATA
If we need to collect personal data by law or under the terms of a contract we have with you, and you do not provide that information when requested, we may not be able to fulfil the contract we have or are trying to enter into with you (for example, where you do not provide suitable delivery instructions to provide you with goods or services). In that case, we may have to cancel the Order.
HOW WE COLLECT YOUR PERSONAL DATA
To collect data from and about you, we use different methods:
Direct interactions. You may give us your Identity, Contact, Technical and Financial Data by filling in forms or by corresponding with us by post, phone or email.
This includes personal data you provide when you:
- Buy our products;
- Create an account on our Website;
- Subscribe to our services, publications or newsletter;
- Make a telephone call to us and leave a message or request a call back;
- Enter a competition, promotion or survey;
- React to marketing posts on our social media forums (including but not limited to our Facebook, Twitter, Instagram pages); or
- Give us some feedback.
Technologies or interactions that are automated.
Third parties or publicly available sources.
We may receive personal data about you from various third parties as set out below:
Profile Data, Usage Data, Marketing and Communication Data, and Aggregated Data from the following parties;
- analytics providers such as Google based outside the EU;
- advertising networks;
- search information providers;
- third party providers of technical, payment and delivery services;
- from publicly available sources.
HOW WE USE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We use data held about you in the following ways:
- to allow us to provide you with our books and related services
- Legal Basis – Performance of a contract with you
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of the Website when you choose to do so;
- Legal Basis – Legitimate Interest for you to interact with our Website
- to conduct competitions and promotions;
- Legal Basis – Performance of a contract with you to fulfil the promotion and run the competition/prize
- to contact you about products and services you have requested;
- Legal Basis – Performance of a contract with you to fulfil product/service
- to notify you about changes to the Website and products and service we offer;
- Legal Basis – Legitimate Interest of ensuring customers are updated of any changes
- to ensure that content from the Website is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- Legal Basis – Legitimate interests (to study how customers use our products/services, to improve our offering to our customers, to develop them and grow our business)
- to administer the Website and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- Legal Basis – Legitimate interests (for running our business, provision of administration and IT services, network security, to prevent fraud and in the context of a business reorganisation or group restructuring exercise).
- to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you;
- Legal Basis – Legitimate interests (to study how customers use our products/ services, to develop them, to grow our business and to inform our marketing strategy)
- use data analytics to improve our Website, products/ services, marketing, customer relationships and experiences
- Legal Basis – Legitimate interests (to define types of customers for our products and services, to keep our Website updated and relevant, to develop our business and inform our marketing strategy)
- to allow us to provide you with other information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes
- Legal Basis – Legitimate Interest (of fulfilling customer requests of being updated on products and services
MARKETING & OPTING OUT
We strive to provide you with choices regarding certain personal data uses, particularly around marketing and advertising.
If you have not previously purchased from us but have registered your information with us (e.g. by entering a contest or signing up for a newsletter), we will only send you marketing communications if you have opted to receive marketing at that time and have given us your express consent. However, we will still need to send occasional service-related messages if you receive a service from us.
Before we share your personal data with any third party for marketing purposes, we will get your express opt-in consent. We require that all third parties respect the security and treatment of your personal data in accordance with the law. We do not allow our third-party service providers to use your personal data for their own purposes and only allow them, in accordance with our instructions, to process your personal data for specified purposes.
You have the option to unsubscribe from our e-mails through a link at the bottom of every e-mail we send to you.
WHERE YOUR DATA IS STORED
All data you provide to us is stored on our secure servers in The Netherlands.
Your data shall be retained only for the time necessary to provide, or to fulfil the purpose described in this policy, the service or product you request.
Details of your orders will be kept for as long as we need to retain that data to comply with our legal and regulatory requirements. This is generally 5 years unless the law prescribes a longer period.
We have put in place appropriate security measures to prevent your personal data from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorized way, altered or disclosed. In addition, we only give access to your personal data to employees, agents, contractors and other third parties who have a business need to know. They will only process your personal data on our instructions and they are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
YOUR LEGAL RIGHTS
Under certain circumstances, you have rights under GDPR in relation to your personal data. You have the right to;
- Request access to your personal data (commonly known as a “data subject access request”). This enables you to receive a copy of the personal data we hold about you and to check that we are lawfully processing it.
- Request correction of the personal data that we hold about you. This enables you to have any incomplete or inaccurate data we hold about you corrected, though we may need to verify the accuracy of the new data you provide to us.
- Object to processing of your personal data where we are relying on a legitimate interest (or those of a third party) and there is something about your particular situation which makes you want to object to processing on this ground as you feel it impacts on your fundamental rights and freedoms. You also have the right to object where we are processing your personal data for direct marketing purposes. In some cases, we may demonstrate that we have compelling legitimate grounds to process your information which override your rights and freedoms.
- Request restrictions on the processing of personal data concerning you. This allows you to ask us to suspend your personal data processing in the following scenarios:
- if you want us to establish the data’s accuracy;
- where our use of the data is unlawful but you do not want us to erase it;
- where you need us to hold the data even if we no longer require it as you need it to establish, exercise or defend legal claims; or
- you have objected to our use of your data but we need to verify whether we have overriding legitimate grounds to use it.
- Request the transfer of your personal data to you or to a third party. We will provide to you, or a third party you have chosen, your personal data in a structured, commonly used, machine-readable format. Note that this right only applies to automated information which you initially provided consent for us to use or where we used the information to perform a contract with you.
- Withdraw consent at any time where we are relying on consent to process your personal data. However, this will not affect the lawfulness of any processing carried out before you withdraw your consent.
- You will not have to pay a fee to access your personal data (or to exercise any of the other rights). However, we may charge a reasonable fee if your request is clearly unfounded, repetitive or excessive. Alternatively, we may refuse to comply with your request in these circumstances.
- We may need to request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and ensure your right to access your personal data (or to exercise any of your other rights). This is a security measure to ensure that personal data is not disclosed to any person who has no right to receive it. We may also contact you to ask you for further information in relation to your request to speed up our response.
- We try to respond to all legitimate requests within one month. Occasionally it may take us longer than a month if your request is particularly complex or you have made a number of requests. In this case, we will notify you and keep you updated.
You can also exercise your rights at any time by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
INFORMATION ABOUT THIS POLICY OR TO EXERCISE YOUR RIGHTS
Latest update: 25 January 2021